What Is UMW?
The United Methodist Women (UMW) is a community of women whose purpose is:
- To know God
- To experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ
- To develop a creative, supportive fellowship
- To expand local and global missions
All Women Are Welcome
All women at HFUMC are United Methodist Women! Membership is as diverse as the church itself and is made up of women of different backgrounds and stages of life.
What Do We Do?
UMW is one of the largest woman’s organizations in the world, and it doesn’t take that responsibility lightly. We truly believe that the world is our parish. We are a mission organization, giving of ourselves through prayer, action and financial gifts throughout the world in response to God’s call.
Each year UMW:
- Raises millions of dollars in financial and material resources for programs and institutions aiding and empowering women, children and youth in the United States and more than 100 countries around the world.
- Advocates for the needs of women, children and youth whose voices are often not heard in society.
- Promotes environmentally friendly personal lifestyles and public policies.
- Equips its membership for service and informed action through study of a public issue, a geographic area and a spiritual growth theme in Schools of Christian Mission offered around the country.
- Trains members for leadership and service in district, conference and national events and workshops.